Hotel Svätojánsky manor house is significant because it was born here in. 1633 Martin Szentiványi, polyhistor, Jesuit, professor and rector of Trnava University. He was an excellent teacher, organizer, scientist and specialist in canon law in Hungary. His scientific works are considered the first purposeful concept of academic activity of Trnava University. In terms of content and form, he is a pioneer of the encyclopedic genre in Slovakia. In Hungary he opened the door to the Enlightenment.
Originally a Renaissance building from the 17th century, it was redecorated in the first third of the 19th century. The only external structural element preserved to the present day is the glazed loggia on the main facade. It consists of 4 massive columns with ionic capitals. To this day, the manor house has retained part of its original urban structure. The chestnut alley has been preserved from the original park.
The manor in 1860 belonged to Mary of St. John (* 1833), who had the husband of Edward I Podturnianskeho (* 1832 – 1881). Father Mary, Stephen XXIV. St. John’s (* 1782 – 1839) was probably the initiator of the classicist reconstruction of the old Renaissance mansion into a modern mansion. Both were members of Andrej’s Line of St. John, which was part of Stephen’s main line and were members of the Liptov Evangelical branch. The builder of the original mansion on the site of today’s mansion was John X. St. John (documented 1699), the second son of Gašpar VIII. Midsummer (documented 1616). The mansion originated sometime in the middle of the 17th century. In the division of the property between the four brothers in 1644, John X. fell to his father’s “lower mansion” (manor house no. 132), which he had in common ownership with his brother Michael VIII. Midsummer (documented 1668 – 1680). John X. after the construction of this mansion left his father’s mansion, which he left to brother Michael VIII. After John X. St. John the Curia passed into the hands of his youngest son George VII. St. John’s (attested by 1709), who, as the only descendant of John X., remained in Liptovsky Jan. Descendants of George VII. remained in the village to live in the following centuries. Mentioned Stephen XXIV. Midsummer was the great-grandson of George VII.
The St. John’s family, along with the Pongrác family, was one of the most important families of the Liptov family, whose members over time became more numerous in Hungary. The St. John’s family influenced the history of Liptov until the end of the monarchy, because its members held many functions in the chairmanship.
Ján Hlavienka – Ján Ondáš: Sprievodca po Liptovskom Jáne a Jánskej doline,
Tomáš Janura: Vidiecke šľachtické sídla v Liptovskej stolici